Monday, July 11, 2011

Better Pictures of the Not Quite Quad Slope

I just realized that I hadn't posted any decent pictures of the last module that I built, or the modular synthesizer as whole. Here are some slightly better (at least when they are embiggened) shots using our new little tripod. In the first one, you can really see the scratches in the faceplate. It's easy to forget how soft aluminum is.



This thing is a blast to use! Since I have completely failed to properly explain what it does, I've taken the following description from the Egres site:

"Here's a short list of things you can do with this module: AR transient generator, VC slew limiter, VC LFO (variable slope triangle and rectangular waveforms), VC audio oscillator, VC trigger delay, VC clock, VCLPF, VC pulse divider, Envelope Follower."

There are four identical generators on this panel, so it's pretty much two-thirds of a synthesizer by itself!



Here's a shot of my rig as it sits. Only two DIY modules right now (plus the big case), but that is changing, albeit slowly. The hole in the big case will be filled by a mixer module that I am working on now. There is a ton more in the queue, just need the dirty duo of time and money to get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment