Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Saturday, February 5, 2011
I made some decent progress on the first of the two Ikea modular cases today. I finished staining both cases last weekend using Bioshield Aqua Resin Floor Finish.. I picked a non-toxic stain/sealer because I wanted to apply it indoors with less than ideal ventilation. It seems like it will be fairly durable and I like how dark the ebony turned out.
Most of the hardware is in place, though I do need to get some longer bolts before buttoning this up. Next, I have to wire up the power supply.
I had an awesome pre-birthday Saturday! My wife and I got our federal tax return, so we made some big payments on our credit cards/bills and went out for some yummy burgers and root beer before hitting a bunch of stores. I found a great deal on a drill and picked up most of the hardware that I need to put the modular cases together. When we got home, I had three birthday cards and the first module (pictured above) of my new synthesizer waiting for me.